Wednesday, May 20, 2015

meticulous [2012]

after "bossing"

What is to be garnered from this adherence to systems of torrential downpour?  

(rich is to receive plagues of
humidity     and
Samuel Beckett's ghost
wears a nightie for me

in the last tilled armistice earth
I planted my trust in you
my memory coat
my 90-minute mix tapes)

Who are the enemies of your sneakers?
Your lava-lamps?
Your Cornish game hens?

(I am in roundabouts and waiting
at the dumpster with a peony
in my hand
give me your heart
trash     and I'll paint you 
a masterpiece mourning
love
gun-metal blue

and the reasons are for seven
like the four is for regret)

What is a simple science but a formula for sophistry?
(a try is a curve toward tumult and
a given reward is inking in
the reservoir

paste
pace
somehow     the whereabouts of
a drunken coin slot is unknown
beyond the waistband)

Is Zukofsky's A a letter?

(the wilderness lip has been
co-opted     and fortified

paradise
what is absurd is a spiked hammer and 
a man hungry for face

a smile)

Was my tongue born before me?
Before De Kooning?
Picasso?

(she candied her cough and
opened an umbrella of
temerity  
and nearby is humid 
                               
                                                my tongue was born before me

No comments:

Post a Comment