Sunday, October 11, 2015

home [2010]

down the bed at dusk
my concrete hand is alone
pulling along disappearing light
  light softened as a baby
a baby gently turning from the window
as into everyone

from the bed-words falls silence
a secret that will see the old
a sleeping time sliding back
                                     (before beams of deafness
    this creased the continuum)
and it is an even silent without me 
            my spinning earth
     my naked continent
     my concrete hand

                                     but what if     instead 
my blue-white vocabulary 
                                       leaks a smoke signal
as if through a father's need
                                       to see the day darkened     flattened 
and the clouded seams stretch
                                       like the moonlight to her
                                       passing across her sleep
                                       down a favorite world
                                       rewinding the day to dusk
       
she is alone     except for me
            a baby gently turning from the window
     as into everyone
 
  I am asking of you
  a favor:
                                              let your light hit
                                              the November and December holidays
                                             differently this year

No comments:

Post a Comment