Tuesday, January 19, 2016

my culture-selves and another [2011]

[some are afraid of the journey      and the room
(I'm scaring them now)
I am shaking the "road" for bones and ashes]

I'm up against my culture-selves again
it's hard to distinguish calm black from night
disobedience plays like I refrain
bagatelle language is a written fright

[some move quickly into the rust     in orange jumpsuits
(I'm arresting them now)
I am splitting the "eye" with a pick axe]

society against a stilted light
an answer I concocted isn't plain
the words are so arranged to convey spite
this poetry is a pulled-taut terrain

[some have found their ways out     through windows and air ducts
(I'm escaping them now)
I am taping the "hand" to the lever]

a "what" is difficult I ascertain
the music is castrated and polite
song features “I” reduced to the mundane
a pontificating eyeball is sight

[some remain unidentified     even mythical
(I'm telling their tales now)
I am holding "X" to my breast]

my conflict will be read like I rewrite
disobedience runs like I refrain
I choke-crafted loneliness to my right
I've defeated my culture-selves again


(a third party introduced them to their chosen fetishes)

No comments:

Post a Comment